Friday, May 6, 2016

My Must See Movie List

My father does not enjoy sad movies. My sister does not enjoy scary movies. My brother only likes documentaries and highly acclaimed movies. But I love most genres of movies and so I usually watch all kinds of movies with my mom. Together we somehow find a creative movie that we haven't seen to watch, and if we can't find one we haven't seen, we watch an old one we have seen.

I have seen a lot of a lot of movies. Here's the ones that I suggest (these are just one from each genre):

Romance/Romantic Comedy: About Time
I love this movie. I first saw it with my mom and sister. We had randomly selected it from our television. It wasn't a very popular movie and I have yet to meet someone who has seen it. But it really moved me. It's the story of a young man, Tim Lake, who discovers that the men in his family can travel back in time. No, it's actually not cheesy. Tim who is extremely quirky, decides to use this new advantage to fall in love. In turn, he meets Mary played by Rachael McAdams, and learns from his mistakes to live life to the fullest. This funny and romantic movie is perfect for anyone who wants to laugh, smile, and have a good time watching a movie.

Trailer: About Time

Action/Adventure: Bourne Identity
I have yet to read the books in this action-packed series, but the first movie is one of my favorite movies. The Bourne Identity is about Jason Bourne, a trained assassin who suffers from total amnesia in an accident. He soon sets off to find out his identity and discover the truth of who he was before. If you like this movie, they are in the making of a new one and bringing back Matt Damon (finally!). Other great action films include The Revenant, Taken, and American Sniper.

Trailer: Bourne Identity


HorrorPet Sematary
Courtesy of tumblr.com 

It's an old film, but if you want to see a classic scary movie, watch Stephen King's, Pet Sematary.
It's the story of Louis Creed and his family.  When the family cat is accidently killed, Louis takes it to the haunted pet cemetery that he heard would bring it back to life. A few days after burying the cat, it reappears, once again alive. But it's personality is changed. The cat is now vicious and hisses at Louis. Then his son of only a few years old is hit but a truck, he takes him too, to the cemetery. His son comes back from the dead evil and thirsty for blood. He has to fight and run from his own son, scared for his life. While it's not the scariest movie I've ever seen, this film with most definitely give you nightmares.

Trailer: Pet Sematary

Comedy: Ace Ventura, Talledega Nights, and Hot Rod
I not a huge traditional comedy movie watcher. I've seen Step-Brothers and other slapstick movies alike it but I don't find them all that interesting. The only ones are prefer to watch are Ace Ventura, Talledega Nights, and Hot Rod.

Young Adult: Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
I must admit, when I heard of Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, I was completely uninterested. The movie is about a high school student named Greg, who believe being invisible is the best way to live his life. He spends most of his time making parodies of classic movies with his co-worker Earl. When he meets Rachael, a classmate diagnosed with lukemia (no, they don't fall in love) his life is sent on a new course. This funny and sad adaption of the book is about friendship and self-discovery. It's a must see for anyone who likes sarcasm. Boyhood and The Perks of Being a Wallflower are also great young-adult films.

Trailer: Me and Earl and the Dying Girl

Sci-Fi: The Martian
Courtesy of en.wikipedia.com
Most of you have probably already seen The Martian, but if you haven't, you need to. I will say that this is one of the best Sci-Fi movies I have seen, hands down. The Martian is extremely well animated, filmed, and created. This film keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time while making you smile. In the movie, a man is pushed to his limits when he is left behind on the uninhabited planet of Mars.

Trailer: The Martian

Other movies that I suggest:
  • The Help
  • The Revenant
  • Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
  • American Sniper
  • Eat, Pray, Love
  • Boyhood
  • Perks of Being a Wallflower
  • Heart of the Sea
  • We Bought A Zoo
  • Blackfish



No comments:

Post a Comment