Friday, October 2, 2015

Welcome To My Blog & Things Doug Chewed Today

Welcome to my blog reader, I'm Kirsten and I will be mostly writing about my new puppy Doug. Why the name Doug you may ask? Well, opposite to my families insisting that they picked the name Doug, I chose the name Doug after re-watching up. Yes, Up is one of my favorite movies. It may be a children's movie about an old man flying his house with balloons to a waterfall, but that movie has some really great scenes. So I soon added the name Doug to our list of names which included, Tater Tot, Dylan, Pickle, Theo, Bugsy, Cujo, Kevin, Buzz, Barney, Taco, and my favorite Princess Diana. After nearly a week of trying to pick a name, I just began to call the puppy Doug. And the name caught on. Before that, we had found Doug for sale online. But the woman selling him lived four hours away. Being the extremely spontaneous family that we are,  and my sister begging for a dog of her own, convinced my mom to drive halfway to pick up the dog. So they drove two hours to the middle of Wyoming. At the creepiest gas station ever, they met a random stranger, exchanged 800$ cash for a puppy, and drove away. When he got home he was a sweet little angel and he slept for like three hours. A couple weeks later he is a night terror. Kinda like something out of gremlins.





So for my first post I'm going to tell you about some things the little gremlin chewed today:
-My socks: Just a great pair of socks, with holes in them.
-My chalk bag: Chalk seems like it would taste awful...apparently it's not.
-A vet bill: No explanation needed.
-His treat Bag: I mean he's gonna eat the treats, might as well eat the bag.

My carpet: After pooping on my carpet he enjoys eating it.
(Doug looking very guilty)My toothbrush: Perhaps the most frustrating of all is when Doug eats vomit smelling dried meat (dog food) and then decides to steal and then profusely chew on my toothbrush. Yum....
Me: After attacking all those things, it's my turn to be chewed on. 

But when he's not nuisance, chewing up my things (and me), he's a little sweet heart who could brighten up anyones day. And for size reference, he's about half the size of a gallon of milk.

Although, I love writing about Doug and my blog is called the Life of Doug, I won't always be writing about Doug. Doug is also a bit of metaphor. Because Doug is seeing everything for the first time everyday (I mean yesterday he learned how to walk down the stairs) and he's so excited about it. And I believe that we should live like Doug, because no matter how many times you're stepped on my the other dogs you'll always get back up. So sometimes I won't just write about Doug but other things about life. Like photography, books, movies, travel, and even stories from my life. Ex.

An Extraordinary Story from Last Year
Last year, Me and my friend decided to audition for a christmas play. A Charlie Brown Christmas. For a week I studied Jingle Bell Rock and tried to perform it in front of my friend's deaf dog while she made cream of mushroom soup mix and forgot to add water. I thought that I had nailed it and that I actually wasn't as bad at singing as I thought. But was I wrong. So we drove down to this theatre that we thought was going to be a beautiful popular theatre, we even expected not to get a part. But when we got there the theatre was a dump in a creepy town with creepy people walking their creepy dogs at nine at night and sitting on fire hydrants. Inside there was a sign up sheet with only one name on it. So despite our gut feelings we decided to audition. Upstairs in front of a plastic table we took turns singing. I ended up getting the part of Snoopy. But the funny thing about Snoopy is that he never makes any noise. Or speaks. Or sings. I wonder why I happened to get that part. Despite both of us getting parts we ended up emailing them that we couldn't make the commute. And thank god we did. And that's the story of how I learned I can't sing for my life.
The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment